Saturday, May 3, 2014

6). 2012 Festivities

Because of Superstorm Sandy, the kids couldn't go trick or treating. They rescheduled the holiday, but many homes were still stuck with the candy they bought.
 
The entire month of November was Jersey Shore's first steps in recovering. The roads were awful, but there were so many good samaritans. Donations of food, clothes, and necessities were overflowing on street corners of fire departments and hospitals for those who needed them
 
These were my plaid shirts. 24 of them. I took this pic as a keepsake before donating the plaids.
 
When Thanksgiving came by, many schools and churches opened their doors for free Thanksgiving dinners. They've always done that, but this Thanksgiving was especially important for the communities affected by Sandy.

After Thanksgiving, Christmas spirit was on full blast!



 
 
It was fun while it lasted.
And in 2012, I also had a turtle menorah. I hope no one found this insulting. My Jewish followers on tumblr said they enjoyed it. I didn't do this for 2013. Maybe I'll do it again for 2014.
Oh, and the end of the world was not on December 21, 2012.
These two turtles were Christmas presents from my friend on the sailing team :) She also gave me a turtle wristlet!

I guess I'm easy to shop for because I love turtles and anything turtle related. For those technical people out there, yes I love tortoises and terrapins too. Anyway, my loved ones are my turtle enablers!
I have to admit, sometimes I get afraid of how many turtle things I have haha.

Wow, this is a long post. I'm choosing my favorite pics of this season, but I guess I have a lot of favorites.


 So these are the turtles my friends and my boyfriend gave me for Christmas. My one friend always finds very unique turtles. I'll make a post about him later. If you'd like to know where you can buy bobble head turtles, check out the "where to buy turtles" link on my tumblr. There's some info I'd like you to read since I'm not affiliated with the companies.
 
My boyfriend laughed so much when he opened this present
 
Oh oh oh!

That's a wrap!