Saturday, May 3, 2014

7). Good Bye 2012 Hello 2013!

 
I spend almost every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's at my cousin's house in north Jersey
My tito (uncle in tagalog) re-used the fallen tree on his property as their Christmas tree

pura vida!
 
The beginning of 2013 was not easy for me. I suffered from depression for two months. I struggled getting out of bed sometimes. It was a very dark time of my life. Literally. I could wake up at SUNSET and fall asleep at SUNRISE. I was not used to the daylight the first weeks when I started to recover.
 
I had seasonal depression. My depression affected how often I saw my boyfriend (and every one else) because most of the time I couldn't even gather the strength to leave the house, but he helped me recover. He was so loving and caring to me the entire time. I don't know how I could have gotten better without him.

2013 would get better for me. A few months later I was out again.  Once the warmer weather returned, I was out and about. May-June, my family, boyfriend, and I traveled to the Philippines! My boyfriend is Italian-American so this trip was very special because he got to learn about my Filipino culture. We also went to Las Vegas and San Diego to visit my relatives in 2013. Our last trip my boyfriend and I went to in 2013 was New York City during Christmastime. 

Though the posts are not flooding with likes and reblogs, I do receive messages from people who tell me they enjoy bobbleheadturtles.tumblr.com. It means a lot to me when I hear from people who say that... especially those who say that they've had a bad day, but are now happy because of the turtle blog.

Sometimes I wonder what my blog is like to other people who don't know me personally. Just this anonymous turtle girl taking pics of her turtles wherever she goes.
I mean, some of the pictures I take...

 
JFK Airport
 
Over Canada, if this is still part of Canada
On the way to Baguio City, Philippines
there's some kind of magic to pictures like this. anthropomorphism. Toy stories.

 I like following blogs and instagram accounts that also have traveling toys. I think it's fun to see how creative these people can get with their pictures. Why don't we just take pictures of ourselves and our own travels?

I think the pictures are sillier when it's the toys on adventures.
Skye and Wesley...and Alex :P in Quezon City, Philippines
Especially when you try to avoid getting caught (turtles in NYC Dec 2013)


I have a tumblr buddy who is a tumblr penpal. They have a traveling blog about a sock monkey named Blue. servicemonkey.tumblr.com
I've never met this person before, but we like to like and reply to each other's pictures. Before I went to the Philippines, I told the blogger that I wouldn't have consistent access to wifi. They still liked and replied to all the pictures I had on queue on tumblr. I was away for a month. The pictures from the Philippines lasted for three or four months. Whoever the blogger is of Blue's travels, if you're reading this, thanks for being a great friend!

Hmm what else before this post is done...
Oh!
My boyfriend, friends, and I went to other places around our state for local fun. The beach, the lighthouse, pumpkin patches, etc. I must admit, the turtle blog has increased my wanderlust. I don't know how long I'll be running my blog. My boyfriend jokes that I'll be taking pictures at our wedding. I mean, I think he's joking. Anyway, one thing I've learned from running the bobbleheadturtles tumblr blog is that there's beauty every where.