Thursday, February 20, 2014

1). Sailboats and Nautical Whatnots

I used to sail in college. I regret not taking pictures of the turtles on the sailboats. I was still new at photographing the turtles, and I was worried that the camera or turtles would be ruined by the salt water. At least I got these pics! This is a tech dinghy- an annoying boat to compete in. I enjoy sailing in 420s :) FJ's are cool too. But I digress. Back to the pics

So my sailing friends were pretty cool with me taking turtle pictures. They said it was cute! And if they thought otherwise, at least they didn't say it to my face :P This pic was taken at the yacht club where my boyfriend and I first met. We were already a year and a half into our relationship when I took this pic (September 2012). He gave me these turtles. When I joined the sailing team September 2010, I didn't know that I would meet my soul mate. I also didn't know that said soul mate would buy me an absurd amount of turtles, and that I'd be photographing the turtles almost everywhere I'd go! I swear, he's one of my turtle enablers!

So anyway, I'm really glad I took these pics. I don't sail anymore (for now), but these are great keepsakes. A perk of having the turtle blog is that it is a journal for me. A turtle journal. My state was hit by Superstorm Sandy. A lot of the places I brought the turtles to were no longer the same after the storm. I am able to do a lot of before and after pictures because of The Blog.

I try to stay away from photographing turtle pictures that are pop culture related. It's a lot of effort, and this blog is more of a hobby. However I did do a Mean Girls turtle spoof (October 3, 2012) when the blog was still new at the request of my followers.

For the most part, these turtles chill and enjoy the view