Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pilot Post! *bobbleheadturtles.tumblr.com*

bobbleheadturtles.tumblr.com was created on July 10, 2012. I am a 22 year old Filipina-American who is turtle/tortoise/terrapin obsessed! My loved ones are the reason why I have so many turtle related things. I do not have a pet turtle because I do not have enough time or money to take care of it. On the bright side, there are a lot of wild turtles where I live, so I'm always humored when I see them meandering about. I think they're happier exploring as they please.

Because of my large bobble head turtles collection, I created a blog on tumblr to make use of the many turtles that my loved ones have given me. If you're ever curious on how I got each turtle, you can check out this link here: bobbleheadturtles.tumblr.com/tagged/bobbleheadturtleshistory

Besides turtles, I also love nature and traveling which are what most my photographs are centered around. I am not a professional (it's pretty obvious), nor do I intend to be. I simply enjoy having turtle mementos of my musings and adventures. 98% of the pictures on my tumblr are by me. They include "bobbleheadturtles" as the source. 1% of them are by other people with their respective sources, and the other 1% is photographed by my boyfriend. He loves turtles too, and when he has his bobble head turtles with him, he takes pics too. Mind you, I always have them with me. This tumblr blog has transformed the way I look at life. What you see on the blog are the bright spots in my day, and when you're someone who suffers from depression, focusing and photographing the positive things really helps.

I guess I've said too much. Better get used to that :P :)

So I made this blog to include "behind the scenes" stories about the pictures I've taken. I don't think either blog will be well known, (and I'd rather it be one of those gems people happen upon), but anyway I love turtles, traveling, and writing so...

welcome to bobbleheadturtles' blogspot!