Thursday, February 20, 2014

2). September is a Lovely Month


September is a lovely month for sailing and going to the beach. I went to Glen Cove, New York for sailing (Septmber 2012). I was competing at a collegiate regatta. There were a lot of sea glass on the beach. Between sets (before I'd have to go out an sail again), I took turtle pics and collected sea glass.

This is the sea glass I collected. I found a lot of green and white sea glass, but I also found blues and purples :)! My sailing friends collected sea glass with me and suggested spots where I could take turtle pics. It was a great weekend. I think we placed 2nd or 3rd overall. We probably should have collected more sea glass to weigh the boat down because it was so windy the second day we sailed!
These pics are from the first day we sailed though.

So...
the day before we left for Glen Cove, we (my team and I) had to go to another teammate's house to pick up stuff she forgot. She lives across the beach so I took these pics:

The Barnegat Bay, folks. I used to think the grass was greener on the other side, but the sand is quite nice here too.